Saturday, March 6, 2010

New Weekly Feature: The Icing on the Cupcake



When I am working on design and decorating projects I often find myself feeling the most excited - and unable to stop smiling incessantly - at the little, lovely, unexpectedly falling-so-perfectly into place DETAILS. Whether it be a spur of the moment restyled vignette in my home or a carefully planned, unique bridal bouquet - each week I will share with you some of the details that have made the rooms, events and weddings I've had the priviledge of working on come together...the finishing "frosting" that made them complete.

So, why "The Icing on the Cupcake?" Well, I really do love cupcakes. Seeing a beautifully decorated one, with piles of pastel frosting on top, never fails to make me smile. My hope is that the fun details I will be sharing with you will also bring a smile to YOUR face...because we can always use that. Especially around midweek when the weekend can suddenly seem way too far away and our creative juices are often in need of a recharge.

And, speaking of (literal) cupcakes. These are my favorite here in my hometown of Franklin, TN. If you live in the Nashville area and have not yet tasted these...you really need to. If you get them to go, they put them in (the cutest of cute) bright pink bakery boxes - which, to me, is most definitely The Icing on the Cupcake (metaphorically speaking.)

Be watching for the first official Icing on the Cupcake post - coming your way next (mid) week!

Oh, and the fun photo above was taken (on my living room floor) by mister ian collins. You can see more of his lovely work right here. By the way, the "Icing" on THAT cupcake? The tall, thin, bright red candle. It makes me smile.

No comments:

Post a Comment